Sunday, April 24, 2011

Whoo boy

So I haven't updated in about a million years.  This is because very little comic book related has been happening in my life. 

After 6 months of job hunting, I am finally able to make rent working weekdays as a waitress at a cafe on Charles Street and weekends as a receptionist at an apartment builing for formely homeless elderly people in the South End.  None of this has much to do with comics.  I still make monthly rounds of a few local stores like Comikazi, Million Year Picnic and Comicopia, but none of them are hiring and I can't afford to buy much.

STILL-- I have spend a great deal of time thinking about stuff I'd like to do/offer at TOS when I finally get it off the ground.  I met with a representive from the Boston Small Business Association (such nice people), who suggested I have about a year's expenses saved up before I start out, so I have a lot of saving (and planning) to do.

One of the ideas that I've had a lot of fun with, impractical as it may turn out to be, is the idea of having a little coffee bar/reading area at the back of the store.  To occupy the time at the cafe, I've compiled a specials menu for the mini-cafe tenuously known as Coffee On Infinite Earths:

The Incredible Hulk
           Steamed milk with mint flavor and whipped cream
The Flash!
           Triple macchiato (wooosh!)
The Goddamn Batpuccino
           Mocha cappuccino with bat sprinkles
Manga Latte
            Sweet green tea latte, served with a cute okashi
Weapon X
            Spicy hot chocolate
The Capekiller
             Spicy double espresso
The Harley Quinn
              Iced raspberry mocha
Mutie Soda
              Club soda with choice of flavor syrup
Deadpool’ s Surprise
               Feelin’ lucky, punk?
Tales of Suspense Special
               Steamed milk, vanilla flavor, patriotic sprinkles

No comments:

Post a Comment